Photo
- - - - -

Graphing A Function And Spreadsheet Data Simultaneously?

graphing spreadsheet function

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AussieGuy

AussieGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 330

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

So I have a function, which I can graph, and a spreadsheet which contains approximate values of the function computed using a numerical procedure. I'd like to display them on the same graph. I can graph the function, and from the spreadsheet app I can graph the approximate data as a scatter plot. But I can't find a way of doing both smultaneously: of exporting the spreadsheet data into the graphing app.

I've had a look through the manuals (clearly not deeply enough, though!) but I can't find a straightforward way of doing this.

(By the way, this is for a uni class in numerical methods, where the students and I are exploring - visually to start with - how close a fit some approximate methods are to an exact solution).

If I can't export spreadsheet data, I'll settle for something else: simultaneously graphing a function y=f(x) and a list of points {(xk,yk)}. I can probably create such a list using a program.

(I'm using a Classpad FX-CP400, but most of my students are using the previous model, the CP 330).

Thanks!

Edited by AussieGuy, 12 January 2014 - 03:23 AM.

#2 AussieGuy

AussieGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 330

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:48 AM

Solved it! It's in section "Overlaying a Function Graph on a Statistical Graph", on p7-5-15 of the User's Guide. Back to your lives, citizens.
  • MicroPro likes this

#3 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Glad to see you've solved it. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graphing, spreadsheet, function

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users