Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:paintball

• Calculators:
    9850 fx2.0

Posted 16 August 2003 - 05:32 AM

i've been trying to think of ways to make the forum more user friendly and here's what i came up with

even with my 19 in monitor at 1600x1200 i can only get 4 posts max on my page at a time. it's not that the text is too big or there's too much information but there's too many blank lines being wasted. here's some thing's i would store in my cookie if i could
--------When reading each topic
1. the add reply/new topic/new poll only at the bottom
2. forget the next oldest/next newest/track/email/print at the top
3. forget the pm/email/www/aim/msn/top for each user. this is huge in the long run and i have never used these features, i'm sure the people that do can click on their name and go one more page deep. and if i want to go to the top i'll ctrl home
4. signatures, i kinda said a little bit about it here
with people adding images and 11 line signatures it's really annoying. i've seen the picture after their first post and if it's that important they can put it in their arvitur.
5. get rid of how many replys since DATE/track/email/print at bottom
6. compact track this topic/subscribe/download at the very bottom or add an advanced page or something, i'm sure most of those options can be added somewhere else.
7. with the (maybe) soon to come larger arviturs maybe we should have 2 types of arviturs, if your message text is long enough to put the larger one in without adding length then use it, otherwise use the smaller

of course this is just a dream list and i know most of these changes would require a lot of coding rework but just another idea to throw out

3 and 4 would help the most and i could be reading more text without having to scroll back up to see what people are talking about

#2 PJay

PJay

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-991ES Plus

Posted 16 August 2003 - 05:34 AM

19 " at 1600x1200 ? :P :D :lol:
NO ! :huh: 19" at 1280x1024 (Normal) and 21" at 1600x1200 (Normal) ! :rock:
I have a SONY Trinitron Multiscan G520 (21") . But my Screen Resolution is 1280x1024 ! :rolleyes:

#3 ross8653

ross8653

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

• Calculators:
    9850 fx2.0

Posted 16 August 2003 - 05:47 AM

well i'm not blind but let's keep on topic here :greengrin:

#4 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 16 August 2003 - 06:03 AM

My opinions:

1) Agree
2) Disagree
3) Agree
4) I think I can fix this problem.
5) Agree
6) Dropdown box?
7) Mabey

I am powerless to do much of this, but I'm going to look into the signatures.

#5 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 16 August 2003 - 06:15 AM

ok, I reduced the signature length from 50000 characters to 200, if somebody thinks it should be more or less speak up.

for refrence my signature is 193 characters and it contains all this:
[color=white]--------[IMG]http://www.crimsoncasio.casiocalc.org/images/demon.gif[/IMG]-------[/color]
[URL=http://www.crimsoncasio.co.nr/][color=red][b]www.crimsoncasio.co.nr[/b][/color][/URL]

also casio kingdom's is 233.

I'd also be willing to accept special cases where the limit was exceded but it did not present a "visual blemish" is a person wants such a signature just PM it to me and if approved it will be added.

#6 ross8653

ross8653

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

• Calculators:
    9850 fx2.0

Posted 16 August 2003 - 06:25 AM

so is there something done about pictures in sigs?

#7 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0+ : CFX-9850 GB Plus : TI-81

Posted 16 August 2003 - 01:40 PM

well if it is that important to ya ross, all you had to do is ask, if you really dont like it i can get rid of it :)

#8 ross8653

ross8653

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

• Calculators:
    9850 fx2.0

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:24 AM

ok my last comment
one other thing that would cut down on vertical space is over quoting. what i mean is people _everytime_ using the quote feature and quoting the ENTIRE post directly above their post
i know your replying to the post(s) above you that's implied i dont need a recap i can scroll up
i have no problem with the quote feature or the use of quoting. i just think quoting entire posts is not necessary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users