Photo
- - - - -

Are Fx-9860 Add Ins Compatible With A Fx-9860Gii?

fx-9860gii Fx-9860 casio calculator question problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RichmondHD

RichmondHD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Fx-9860GII (usb power graphic 2), Casio dx-82au plus

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:13 AM

I recently found out how to install add ins, (Geometry and Physium)

and i wanted to get more add ins on my calculator so i went to this site (http://www.casiocalc...S.FX.9860G.casm) and i went into this section Fx-9860 add ins

and installed the add ins into my calculator, the icons perfectly showed up but when i selected it to use it, it froze my calculator, and i would have to take out the batteries, in order for it to shutdown, since no buttons responded

i was just wondering is there any add ins for my casio fx-9860gii usb power graphic 2 that work?

and is it possible for Fx-9860 add ins to be compatible to my calculator somehow? 

and why does it freeze my calculator?

Thanks for the replies, i just got the calculator soo i am a big noob:banghead: 

:rolleyes: 

#2 casio does minecraft

casio does minecraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860gii

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:32 PM

it is not the problem of the program i have the same calculator and i downloaded an fx 9860 g add in it worked normally and perfectly!
the actual problem is that some add ins take very big space in the RAM it freeze and stop working
happened to me too!
to check it you can download fx for computer and test the add in
also what is the add in you downloaded so i know what is the problem
wish i helped

#3 Viliami

Viliami

Casio Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:C++ - OpenGL,SDL
    Python - Pygame
    Java - SFML
    C - Casio SDK

• Calculators:
    FX-9750 GII upgraded to FX-9860 GII

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:14 AM

Don't you mean FX-9860G?

Anyway, the add-ins aren't working on your calculator because you are most likely downloading the wrong add-ins.

Casio changed the CPU sometime ago from SH3 to SH4A. That meant that most of the older programs couldn't work because although some of the C functions stayed the same they changed a lot of them too, including how you get keyboard input, which was used in pretty much all of the add-ins.

You might see two versions of an addin an SH3 or SH4 addin, if the maker created it for both versions.

To find out if your CPU is SH3 or SH4:

-Go to home menu

-Go to system

-Go to version

-There should be some text similar to this "Version OS 02.02.0201"

If your OS Version ends with a 1 e.g "OS 02.02.0201" then your CPU is SH4

If your OS Version ends with a 0 e.g "OS 02.02.0200" then your CPU is SH3

From your post, I'm going to guess that your calculator has an SH4 CPU, since majority of addins work for SH3. Also, Casio doesn't put Sh3 CPUs in 9860GIIs anymore.

If you can't find any SH4 version of your Add-in, then use this tool:http://tools.planet-...4compatibility/

It converts SH4 files to SH3, but it doesn't work 100% of the time. It doesn't work on games that use grayscale, e.g Mario Land CE, Doodle Jump. But it does work on a lot of other games like Wolfenstein.

Go to this website for more Add-ins: http://www.planet-ca...p?categorie=all

It's in french though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fx-9860gii, Fx-9860, casio, calculator, question, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users