#1 hdleng

hdleng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750GII (w/ 9860 firmware upgrade)

Posted 17 June 2021 - 07:13 AM

I want to select a tool chain for software development in C and ASM for an fx-9750GII (flashed with 9860 OS).  My calculator is the SH3 model.  This will be on a Windows 10 PC.  The combinations I am considering include gcc operating under Mingw-w64, gcc operating on Ubuntu 18 running on WSL2 (terminal only, no GUI), and Casio's fx-9860G Software Development Kit.

Are there other options that I should consider?  I would appreciate hearing about experiences regarding the strengths and pitfalls of the various approaches. 

I realize that embedded development for these calculators has slowed in recent years.  I am doing this only for enjoyment and to keep my programming skills from becoming too stale.  Perusing these forums seems to show that there are sill a few of you still doing the same thing in 2021.

I am new to this forum.  If this question has been asked and answered, my apologies.  I did search without finding an answer.

#2 Hlib2

Hlib2

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:industrial electronics,
    graphing calculators

• Calculators:
    fx-9860gii-2, afx-2.0+
    fx-9750gii, fx-9750g+
    cfx-9850gb+, graph25
    fx-991DE_X, fx-991ES+
    ti-83+, ti-83+_SE, ti-85
    ti-voyage200, graph100+

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:31 PM

OffTop: The development of a good program sometimes takes several weeks, the study of the theory for this program takes no less time. CASIO provides everything that any engineer or professional user needs in its ready-made solutions. It is a pity that CASIO does not allow you to make your own built-in libraries that add additional commands to the calculator OS, as it is implemented in HP/TI (for example, SysRPL-ListExt or ASM-BatLib, respectively). I think it would be more efficient than creating a separate application.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users