#1 Spaceboy10

Spaceboy10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-9750GIII, TI-84 Plus CE Python

Posted 29 March 2022 - 11:22 PM

A few months ago, I was making a program on my FX-9750GIII when all of the sudden it locked up.  The reset button did nothing and pressing SHIFT+AC did nothing.  I popped out a battery and it turned off after a second, but then it wouldn't turn back on.  2 months later I put new batteries in, and it came back to life.  It worked for that day, but I went to turn it off and it froze on the screen that says "CASIO."  I done the same thing to turn it off that time, IT DIDN'T TURN BACK ON!  I tried updating it, nope.  I took the batteries out for a day, nope.  Does anybody know how to fix it?

#2 HappyCalc

HappyCalc

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Programming, On-Calc Programming(C.Basic), Gaming, Origami, Eating Chocolate

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2
    fx-CG50

Posted 31 March 2022 - 05:37 AM

Warning: If you have warranty for your calculator you should not try risky things as that might void the warranty. Instead ask your vendor if they can fix it or send you a new one.
I think it could be due an internal circuit failure (like a loose connection) because it turns on sometimes. If that's the problem, it's hard to fix unless you know what it is and you know what you are doing.
But I think it's more likely a flash failure. Or at least corrupted data. If that's the case you probably can't fix it. If you get the bootloader to work you can try to emergency update the OS but that would then probably fail because the flash doesn't work.
Things you could try:
Ist it a problem in the battery container? Connect it without batteries to the computer. If it turns on and shows the Transfer Mode Selection you are lucky (I don't know if that also works on giii but on gii it works)
You can also look if you see a loose contact that could be a problem. Also check the battery voltage.
Can you enter the Emergency OS Update Mode?
If you have warranty, ask your vendor to fix it.

#3 Spaceboy10

Spaceboy10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 31 March 2022 - 02:01 PM

Connect it without batteries to the computer. If it turns on and shows the Transfer Mode Selection you are lucky (I don't know if that also works on giii but on gii it works)

It does work on the GIII, but mine did nothing.

You can also look if you see a loose contact that could be a problem. Also check the battery voltage.

If you're talking about the battery terminals, they're still firm in place.  I haven't checked the battery voltage yet.

Can you enter the Emergency OS Update Mode?

What is Emergency OS Update Mode?

If you have warranty, ask your vendor to fix it.

Uh oh, I never filled out the warranty card.  I never thought I would need it.

But I think it's more likely a flash failure.  Or at least corrupted data.

Although it could be, I don't think so.  When I got it to turn on again that one time, all of my data was still there.

#4 HappyCalc

HappyCalc

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Programming, On-Calc Programming(C.Basic), Gaming, Origami, Eating Chocolate

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2
    fx-CG50

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:17 PM

What is Emergency OS Update Mode?

When you installed a wrong version of the OS the OS is corrupted it would enter the Emergency OS Update mode (or OS error) which allows you to update the OS from your PC using the update program provider by casio.
Normally it should enter this mode automatically.
But you can try to enter it manually:
Hold restart, AC/on, F2 and 4 at the same time.
Release the restart button.
Wait 5 seconds.
Release AC/on, 4, F2.
Hold 9 about 1 second.
Hold × about second.
Original post by casimo here:
https://community.ca...r/?fromsearch=1
I hope it still works on a giii.
There is also another solution by connecting two contacts on the calculator board.
https://bible.planet...0_OS_Update.htm

Although it could be, I don't think so. When I got it to turn on again that one time, all of my data was still there.

Hm it may be only one sector corrupted. But maybe you're right and it's a problem on the circuit board.

#5 Spaceboy10

Spaceboy10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 30 April 2022 - 09:10 PM

When you installed a wrong version of the OS the OS is corrupted it would enter the Emergency OS Update mode (or OS error) which allows you to update the OS from your PC using the update program provider by casio.
Normally it should enter this mode automatically.
But you can try to enter it manually:
Hold restart, AC/on, F2 and 4 at the same time.
Release the restart button.
Wait 5 seconds.
Release AC/on, 4, F2.
Hold 9 about 1 second.
Hold × about second.
Original post by casimo here:
https://community.ca...r/?fromsearch=1
I hope it still works on a giii.
There is also another solution by connecting two contacts on the calculator board.
https://bible.planet...0_OS_Update.htm
Hm it may be only one sector corrupted. But maybe you're right and it's a problem on the circuit board.

Sorry for the (very) late reply, that combination done nothing on mine.  Also, I just opened mine up, and the GIII doesn't have those two contacts.

#6 HappyCalc

HappyCalc

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII-2
    fx-CG50

Posted 02 May 2022 - 11:23 AM

Yeah, it's probably a hardware problem. A loose contact, a broken cable or even a broken pcb track. You could try inspect the cables and contacts and also check for broken components.

#7 Guissc

Guissc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GIII

Posted 12 January 2023 - 11:21 PM

i have a very similar problem on fx-9860giii, someone pls help me !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users