I am here today to present to you one of my projects
It is not very young (in fact it's been in beta since 2016...) but recently it evolved in such a way that casiocalc.org members could be interested...
MyCalcs is a website to organize and show your collection of graphing calculators (regardless of their brand)
Right now, MyCalcs has 222 collector profiles, for a total of 2254 registered calculators (143 distinct out of 269 possible)..
You should know that, for the moment, this website is in fact only a piece of what is happening on the backend, and which will come out later (not finished yet...)
At the beginning, it was only made for TI calcs, but after some time, I added all the graphing calculators that I could find on the internet... so obviously the Casio and HP models, but also for all more peculiar brands...
- Account creation and login (there are mods/admins accounts with higher permissions, too)
- Profile information (nickname, name, avatar, location, short-bio, links to other community site profiles...)
- Addition of new calculators (with multiple identification fields (serial, datecode, revision...) + comment)
- Variants of calculators almost all supported (ViewScreen, Colors...) and with specific thumbnails for the most part
- Quick Facts, summarizing some statistics about the user's collection (total counts, by series...)
- Global visualization of the collection, complete (with thumbnail images) + simplified (no images)
- Filtering/Sorting of the various tables (click on column, and search bar)
- Edition of the collection easily (directly inline, in the table)
- Export Text+Excel+Printing for the collection
- Identity cards of calculators + picture
- Design somewhat responsive for mobile users
- Connection/registration via TI-Planet with an existing account directly
- List of collectors, filterable, with some essential statistics
- Search page by criteria
- Visual timeline of calculators, mostly populated for TI/Casio/HP only for now
- Discord WebHook to notify the most keen collectors of new additions, with automatic comparison to the database to find out whether a particular model (TI only) is already known (at the hardware revision level, for the given factory, for the given datecode)
Page for editing your profile, to modify information in the table and add a calculator:
More or less important things to do one day and other loose ideas:
- Global Collections Statistics Page
- Continue to complete the database to add model variants and various information
- Continue to add pictures for models (and variants) that do not yet have one
- Generator of image-signature
- Integration with the TI-Planet profile (+ chat command) for one's MyCalcs profile
- API (probably REST, and read-only, at least)
- URL rewriting to have nicer addresses
- French translation?
Anyway, I invite you to register and fill your profile (even if you only have one calculator!)
MyCalcs is available here for all: https://my.calcs.quest/
Edited by adriweb, 03 August 2022 - 09:42 AM.