#1 veb

veb

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

LuaFX alpha has been released!

Lua is now more stable and the file librairy has been written.

The French version is available here: http://www.planet-ca...v...l&showid=83

I asked some people to translate it and I hope the english version will soon be available.

Edited by veb, 26 February 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#2 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Cool!

Does the setmetatable function work in this version?

#3 veb

veb

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

No, not in this version.

#4 Forty-Two

Forty-Two

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10 Prizm
    Casio fx-9860GII
    TI-84+ SE

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Oh, btw, I cross-posted this on Cemetech

#5 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

You can get the english release here: http://www.casiocalc...luafx-alpha--en

#6 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO Graph 75

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Is the source code available anywhere?

#7 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Is the source code available anywhere?

It is open-source, but I am not sure where the source is hosted. I would PM veb or louloux about it. ;)

#8 helder7

helder7

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

I dont know if is the latest version, but is here: https://github.com/Eiyeron/LuaFX

#9 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

wow, I didn't even know there was a git repo for it.

#10 veb

veb

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hello,

Anonymouse: I received your PM. I can give you the sources, but I want to know first why you want them. In fact, if you want to have clean sources of lua, you should better download the lua sources on the lua website. If you like better to improve luaFX or take parts of the gray motor or ... I'll give you the sources.

All: Hum... I see that the luaFX version available here is not recent. I thought I updated it, but I didn't. The french version posted on planete casio has setmetatable, time functions, ... I don't have time this week, but as soon as possible I'll see how to post here an english package of the latest version.

#11 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

[...]
All: Hum... I see that the luaFX version available here is not recent. I thought I updated it, but I didn't. The french version posted on planete casio has setmetatable, time functions, ... I don't have time this week, but as soon as possible I'll see how to post here an english package of the latest version.

Wow, I didn't know you had time functions and stuff. I think I will port my Chesstimer from LuaZM to LuaFX then. :)

#12 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO Graph 75

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Yep, I wanted to see if there's anything I can improve in it, mainly adding additional functionality.

Hello,

Anonymouse: I received your PM. I can give you the sources, but I want to know first why you want them. In fact, if you want to have clean sources of lua, you should better download the lua sources on the lua website. If you like better to improve luaFX or take parts of the gray motor or ... I'll give you the sources.

EDIT: Also I don't use windows so I can't run it as is.

Edited by Anonymouse, 22 November 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#13 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

EDIT: Also I don't use windows so I can't run it as is.

What do you mean? You aren't able to use lua or you aren't able to use LuaFX?

#14 veb

veb

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

To compile the sources, you have to use the casio sdk. you might try to use a compiled gcc for sh3, but It's difficult to use: I tried but I failed to use it. You can find tutorials on internet and kucalc library if you want to use gcc.

There's a lot of improvement you can do when you decide to break the compatibility with AFX. Then it won't be called luaFX anymore.

Edited by veb, 23 November 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#15 3298

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750G Plus
    Algebra FX 2.0 (ROM 1.03,broken)
    HP 50G

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

The Casio SDK doesn't need a real Windows, my brother managed to get it running in Wine. I do not use it (don't have a 9860), but it looks like it works.

#16 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

To compile the sources, you have to use the casio sdk. you might try to use a compiled gcc for sh3, but It's difficult to use: I tried but I failed to use it. You can find tutorials on internet and kucalc library if you want to use gcc.

There's a lot of improvement you can do when you decide to break the compatibility with AFX. Then it won't be called luaFX anymore.

The sdk works fine with wine, as 3298 said. ;)

@3298: is your brother a member here?

#17 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO Graph 75

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

I can compile the calculator-side bit in a windows VM, but I want to actually *use* LuaFX from linux, so I'd need to compile lua16.exe for linux.

And as I said I would also like to improve on it if I can, whether I can use it on linux or not, so can I please have the source?

EDIT: and I have been trying to build gcc for sh3.

Edited by Anonymouse, 23 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#18 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Does this help? http://prizmwiki.omn...iles_using_Luac

#19 Forty-Two

Forty-Two

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10 Prizm
    Casio fx-9860GII
    TI-84+ SE

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

I can compile the calculator-side bit in a windows VM, but I want to actually *use* LuaFX from linux, so I'd need to compile lua16.exe for linux.

And as I said I would also like to improve on it if I can, whether I can use it on linux or not, so can I please have the source?

EDIT: and I have been trying to build gcc for sh3.

Have you tried wine?

#20 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO Graph 75

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Have you tried wine?

I could but I want to avoid that at high costs. And that doesn't change anything about wanting to improve it.

#21 veb

veb

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

so I'd need to compile lua16.exe for linux.

Maybe you don't realize that it will be rather difficult. First you'll have to changer the headers,... to work for linux, and SECOND, you'll have to change a lot of things everywhere in the sources to work perfectly as a 16 bit dos executable.
Lua16 (Luac) is a 16 dos executable (that's why we use dosbox on linux and win 64) because AFX has a 16 bit dos system. Then lua16 produce a lua precompiled code that would be the same it it was precompiled on the AFX.
To allow the fx9860 to work with this code, I coded a special layer to load the chunk.

I could have choosen to use an other format for the precompiled lua code and do a layer on AFX, but I kept it because the produced files are smaller.

but I want to actually *use* LuaFX from linux

Well, use dosbox to execute lua16 and use a text editor.

About the improvement, you could speed up the interpretation by removing the speed reducers I put to approximate the same speed than on AFX. you could add new features easily. But all these changes will break the compatibility with AFX. It wouldn't be luaFX.

If you decide to do an other lua interpreter for fx9860, it raises several questions:
- Will you keep the sprite's format (Today we use an AFX tool to generate the sprites)
- Will you take the last lua version
- Will you write a new precompiler to replace lua16

#22 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO Graph 75

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Maybe you don't realize that it will be rather difficult. First you'll have to changer the headers,... to work for linux, and SECOND, you'll have to change a lot of things everywhere in the sources to work perfectly as a 16 bit dos executable.
Lua16 (Luac) is a 16 dos executable (that's why we use dosbox on linux and win 64) because AFX has a 16 bit dos system. Then lua16 produce a lua precompiled code that would be the same it it was precompiled on the AFX.
To allow the fx9860 to work with this code, I coded a special layer to load the chunk.

I could have choosen to use an other format for the precompiled lua code and do a layer on AFX, but I kept it because the produced files are smaller.

Well, use dosbox to execute lua16 and use a text editor.

About the improvement, you could speed up the interpretation by removing the speed reducers I put to approximate the same speed than on AFX. you could add new features easily. But all these changes will break the compatibility with AFX. It wouldn't be luaFX.

If you decide to do an other lua interpreter for fx9860, it raises several questions:
- Will you keep the sprite's format (Today we use an AFX tool to generate the sprites)
- Will you take the last lua version
- Will you write a new precompiler to replace lua16

I want the source. I want to look if I can improve it anywhere. I don't care what difficulties there may be.
So please. Give me the source or just say straight out that you don't want me to have it, and stop wasting both your time and mine. I can use a different name for whatever I make of it too, whatever you want, just give me a plain yes or no.

EDIT: And maybe I don't want to maintain compatibility to AFX. Maybe I want to program stuff that runs at the highest speed possible. Use it for my own purposes. I don't see any big problem with that.

Edited by Anonymouse, 24 November 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#23 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

EDIT: And maybe I don't want to maintain compatibility to AFX. Maybe I want to program stuff that runs at the highest speed possible. Use it for my own purposes. I don't see any big problem with that.

Just so you know, one of LuaFX's main goals was to maintain backwards-compatibility with LuaAFX. ;)

#24 veb

veb

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

I don't understand what you will do of my sources. I see only four reasons to take my sources:
- just have a look a it
- want to do an other lua interpreter on fx9860 (but you should then start from the latest lua version)
- want to add an extra functionnality to the menu
- use the power of a non slowed luaFX (but don't call it luaFX)

Well you want to improve?
I give you the source, but a file is missing. The first thing to do is to find a replacement to the functions that were in the file. I just took the source code of these functions on internet, without knowing if they were free of right or no, then I don't distribute their source code.
The functions are strtoul, ltoa, Random, and a function that returns the number of digits before the dot in a floating point number (you don't need this functions if you decide to break the compatibility with AFX: just change the function in the main file lua_number2str. I changed it to be exactly like on AFX).

Find the sources: [This link doesn't exist anymore]

and I can give you that missing function:
void Randomize()
{
unsigned int m,t;
m = RTC_GetTicks();
t = m&15;
next = (t);
for(; t; t--)
{
Random(1); // change it to use the one from the sdk maybe
}
}

Edited by veb, 26 November 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#25 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO Graph 75

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users