#1 thatonekid92

thatonekid92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750gii

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:05 PM

I'd like to make my own custom characters for my Casio FX-9750GII, however I've found absolutely no information at all on this forum nor the internet at large on whether or not that is possible. I'm 100% self-taught on casio and general programming, so I have no formal understanding of the limitations nor capabilities I'm working with.

I'd greatly appreciate feedback, or info if there is a better place on the forum for this topic.

Thank you all! 

TOK92

#2 Viliami

Viliami

Casio Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:C++ - OpenGL,SDL
    Python - Pygame
    Java - SFML
    C - Casio SDK

• Calculators:
    FX-9750 GII upgraded to FX-9860 GII

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:35 PM

Making custom characters that are used outside of add-ins will be hard to do.

I don't think there's any other way of doing it other than changing the OS image.

You will probably have to change some of the OS code, which I have never done before, sorry.

Someone has managed to change the OS so that you can change the power-off image from the "CASIO" picture to your own picture.

Here: https://www.omnimaga...a-bitmap-image/

That was because the logo was just stored in a simple .bmp file. I think he just replaced the bmp with his own one without changing any OS code, but I don't know.

And then used fxremote to put the modified OS file on his calculator.

If you get lucky, Casio might have stored all the characters in another .bmp file and all you have to do is change the picture, but you will have to replace some of the existing characters with your own.

Edited by Viliami, 01 December 2015 - 10:36 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fx-9750GII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users