#1 Heinrich-Frederica

Heinrich-Frederica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO FX991CNX

Posted 10 September 2021 - 12:36 PM

Hello I'm a high school student from CN(also an electron amateur).I'd like to do some interesting experiment with the LCD display of Casio Fx991(DE or CN).Is there any resources like datasheet or basic logic of it?
I've known that it seems 13 of its 34 wire is associated with the display of the screen,but it is hard for me to test the function of every wire.If someone have some information,please post here.Thank you

#2 ijabbott63

ijabbott63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Calculators:
    I have a list of calculators which this margin is too small to contain.

Posted 10 September 2021 - 05:15 PM

The fx-991 designation covers a number of calculators from different series, so you need to be more specific.

(EDIT: I've just noticed the fx-991CNX in your profile, so I guess you mean the ClassWiz series.)

Also, the fx-83 model from the same series will use the same display and should be less expensive.

Edited by ijabbott63, 10 September 2021 - 05:20 PM.

#3 Heinrich-Frederica

Heinrich-Frederica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO FX991CNX

Posted 11 September 2021 - 07:41 AM

The fx-991 designation covers a number of calculators from different series, so you need to be more specific.
 (EDIT: I've just noticed the fx-991CNX in your profile, so I guess you mean the ClassWiz series.)

Also, the fx-83 model from the same series will use the same display and should be less expensive.

Thanks for your advice,since nearly all of my classmates are using 991 of ClassWiz series,I have got 3 calculators at a low price (one's screen is cracked and other two have liquid crystal leakage in different degree) to continue my experiment.

#4 aidswidjaja

aidswidjaja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Calculators, computers, anime

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-82AU PLUS II
    CASIO fx-100AU PLUS

Posted 21 October 2021 - 09:06 AM

A bit late, but I think someone in the Discord server began reverse-engineering the LCD of the DE version and built a program to reconstruct screen content. You can probably ask them there if you need help.

Join here: discord (dot) gg (slash) 2wsMgfJY37

This is the message link: https://canary.disco...477243983175711

I think Discord is blocked in China so you will need to use a VPN if you are in that region.

I don't know much about it myself, but good luck

• Heinrich-Frederica likes this

#5 Heinrich-Frederica

Heinrich-Frederica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO FX991CNX

Posted 29 October 2021 - 01:47 PM

A bit late, but I think someone in the Discord server began reverse-engineering the LCD of the DE version and built a program to reconstruct screen content. You can probably ask them there if you need help.

Join here: discord (dot) gg (slash) 2wsMgfJY37

This is the message link: https://canary.disco...477243983175711

I think Discord is blocked in China so you will need to use a VPN if you are in that region.

I don't know much about it myself, but good luck

Recently,I've found the screen seems similar to the 19264 LCD screen and some tests show that the pins have similarities too,but more test is needed.However college entrance examination is around the corner,time is limited.I will make a further plan to arrange the time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fx991, LCD, Asking for help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users