Photo
- - - - -

Classpad Vs. Ti Nspire: Which Is Better Folks?

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#161 Guest_eugy_*

Guest_eugy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

i've been using the casio classpad for about 3 years, love it! although i got to admit that i've never really used the ti nspire as my school chose the classpad, i've had tutors who teach at schools with the ti nspire and they claim that the classpad is much better!

#162 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

i've been using the casio classpad for about 3 years, love it! although i got to admit that i've never really used the ti nspire as my school chose the classpad, i've had tutors who teach at schools with the ti nspire and they claim that the classpad is much better!

My experience says that is true. TI uses spin to sell their calcuators while Casio provides the better product.

#163 Guest_kal_*

Guest_kal_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:14 AM

I do own several calculators like ti nspire, ti 84, hp 39,49,50, casio classpad and casio 9650 and I found there is not a perfect 100% calculator on the market.
I am an engineer, 44 years old, I do not wear glasses, but my eyes starts to lose some low light sensitivity.
First I was impressed with the logic of the casio 9650, it just works, I never needed to open the instruction manual to use it. On other part there is the HP 50g with took me some time just to learn to install applications from SD card (very tricky). After some time I found the HP 50g is far the best tool for me as an engineer, but the screen of ti nspire is much better. Then I bought the Classpad, when I received it my 1th impression was to send it back, because the screen was so dim , no contrast, glossy plastic, it is impossible to read it in dim light....
So the 100% calculator for me will be the screen of the TI nspire , the power of HP engineering, and the user interface of Casio (touch screen, drag-drop and so).
Currently I prefer the Classpad, for easy of use.

#164 MicroPro

MicroPro

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for the valuable info.
I think your ClassPad was an early ClassPad 300 model. New ClassPad 330 models have a much better screen readability, and of course you don't need to use its own screen protector. I've currently covered my precious ClassPad display with an iPhone screen protector.
  • sma4t likes this

#165 Guest_Guest_matin_*_*

Guest_Guest_matin_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

I am not trying to disagree with you about these calculators. I am simply trying to give a fair rating to the nspire. I am very much aware that the ti nspire cas lacks some of the math capabilities of the classpad and hp 50g. It has more math capabilities than the ti 89 althought the nspire lacks 3d graphing. Ti tells you how to plot difeirential equations in the documentation on the npsire handheld. Also it has a conic plotter for download in their download section for the nspire cas. The only thing the nspire lacks that the ti 89 has, is advanced programming and 3d graphing. But the ti 89 lacks all the polynomial tools that the nspire has, it lacks a system to convert sin to cos and so forth, scatter plot graphing ,pie charts, bar chart, a way to manipulate the graph once you have plotted it, a way to determine the formula of a graph without having graphed it in the function menu, and much more.

Although some people don't seem to like the menu style command list that the nspire has, it is well organized. All the function fall under logically labled headings. Some people say this takes more time than the hp's soft menus. But the hp 50g has soft menus with abbreviations labling the functions. Thus it may take a while to learn the abbreviation that hp uses. Always refering back to the owners manual takes much more time than scrolling through a menu that has the full name of a function. For example you may have to refer to the owners manual to see what "egvl" stands for on the hp, whereas the nspire says "eigenvalues". A lot of little things like this makes the hp much harder to use. The nspire allows for you to type the command yourself from the keyboard without scrolling through menus. For example to use the factor command on the nspire you don't have to scroll through the menu, find the factor command, press enter to put it on the calculation screen, and then type the number you want to factor. All you have to do is type "factor" with your keyboard which is easy since you have separate alpha keys, put the parenthesis there, and type your number; no hassle at all.

Another thing that I noticed about casio is that on their classpad 330 they used the qwerty keyboard layout, and thus it is band on many school test. Ti with their nspire, on the other hand, didn't put qwerty keyboards on their products, with the exception of the v200, and thus theirs aren't band on test. This may turn many customers away. Honestly, I was about to order the classpad until I found out it used the qwerty format. Later I found out about the nspire and bought it instead.

Another thing about the nspire, it's not that big of a deal, is that if you graph multiple functions in about the same range and domain you are still able to easily distinguish each function from another. On all other calculators the graphs quickly become undistinguishable with 3 or more graphs.

If it is true that the ti89 and the classpad are the best calculators made, as Guest_hellas1_* in post #31 said, and the ti nspire is a highly perfected ti 89 only lacking 3d graphing, and the classpad is band on school test, and the hp takes too long for a student in school to learn how to operate, then the nspire eliminates them all and as of now is the best calculator for students. But if you are an enginneer and need many advanced functions, and have time to learn the hp, the nspire may not be your best choice. But seriously if you have used many calculators and then you use the nspire you will see that other calculators are inferior to the nspire.

thanks for this informaion any people want know more information about calculator in persian language can visit http://www.makhzannoor.com
i found this website its great to read about calculator informaion

#166 Guest_laxgoaltender_*

Guest_laxgoaltender_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

thanks for this informaion any people want know more information about calculator in persian language can visit http://www.makhzannoor.com
i found this website its great to read about calculator informaion

Or use google translate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users