fx-CG50 CG50 Prizm Android

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sal

Sal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Studying calculator hardware. Looking for hidden or undocumented functions.

• Calculators:
    fx-3800P fx-4500PA fx-5800P fx-CG50 SL-1100TV

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:28 AM

I wanted to find out if I could use a USB To Go adapter with my Android tablet, to load files onto my fx-CG50. It worked!

My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy View 18.4 running Android 5.1.1. The fx-CG50 mounted as "USB Drive A" on the tablet. I transferred a couple .g3m files that I got from charliewilson.com from the tablet to the fx-CG50. Then I used the Android pull-down menu to select the option to dismount the USB device. The fx-CG50 popped up a screen (I forget the exact wording) about the fx-CG50 updating files. Then I disconnected the USB cable and was able to select and run the new files, just as if copied from a regular PC.

The only slightly unusual thing is that the OS on my tablet also created two directories on the fx-CG50 just like it would on a USB "Thumb" drive:

Android
LOST.DIR

(The LOST.DIR) is also from memory, but I've seen it enough to be pretty sure I got the name right.

Anyway, I am happy that I can copy files using Android. These days I hardly use anything else

#2 Sal

Sal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Studying calculator hardware. Looking for hidden or undocumented functions.

• Calculators:
    fx-3800P fx-4500PA fx-5800P fx-CG50 SL-1100TV

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:59 AM

I forgot to mention in the first post... My fx-CG50 is updated to and running OS 3.30.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fx-CG50 CG50, Prizm, Android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users